It’s important that you know exactly how the judging process works, so here’s all the details:
Requirements of the images to be part of the contests?
- There are no watermarks on your images
- The image was taken on a wedding day.
- The image must be documentary, not poses or couple reportage.
- Collection photos: The last 15 pics from your profile the last day of the month will be analyzed by FEB Community and sended to editors and evaluated. The color and the b&w will have the same amount of preselections by the editors to give more presence to the color in our work and therefore to the Community. In the final selection of the Collections, those with at least two votes among the 3 editors will be awarded.
- Weddings: They will be selected one per week unless the editors consider the week deserted due to lack of sufficient quality:
- You can present all the wedding that has not received the mention of thebestwedding during 2018 that are already on the web or that have been awarded in the annual awards.
- Flechazos: They will be announced daily on social networks and selected from the photos uploaded to the web. They will automatically become selectable as a collection photo.
- Images are judged totally anonymously, so the judges don’t know who has taken each image. So that’s why it’s important that you upload the photos without watermarks.
- When a photo is voted by two judges or more, it becomes part of that month’s collection. When only one vote is received, it will become part of the nominees of the following month. In this way a photo can have several opportunities to be in a collection.
- A judge can not see if another judge has voted for an image or not, so can’t be swayed that way.
- During the first week of each month month, the collections will be published and the winners will have their winning photos in their profiles.
The editors will be the same all year. The three editors come from very different places; from streetphoto, portrait and social photo and photojournalism; away from the world of wedding photo.
The score for the contest Photographer of the year will be as follows:
- 2 points for the full weddings of the week.
- 1 point for each collection photo.
- Flechazo: they will serve to unpack in case of a tie.